Payment Innovation: Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
The Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP), a voluntary value-based program, encourages doctors, hospitals and other providers to create an accountable care organization (ACO) to provide well-coordinated, high-quality care to their Medicare patients.
Dignity Health’s five Medicare ACOs include:
- Southern California Integrated Care Network MSSP (California)
- North State Quality Care Network MSSP (Northern California)
- St. Rose Quality Care Network MSSP (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Arizona Care Network MSSP (a jointly owned clinical integration network between Dignity and Abrazo Health, Arizona)
- Arizona Care Network NextGen (a jointly owned clinical integration network between Dignity and Abrazo Health, Arizona)
Nearly 100,000 Medicare lives are attributed to these five Medicare ACOs. To share in savings generated, ACOs must demonstrate success as measured by 31 quality measures.
Dignity Health is planning to expand its participation even further in 2019 to include Bakersfield and communities in the Central Valley of California, Stockton and Merced.