Dignity Health Medical Foundation (DHMF) supports physician medical groups, independent physician associations (IPAs), and network providers, and plays an integral part in the effort to build integrated delivery networks that manage patient care across the health care continuum.
125 locations and growing
500k+ unique patients per year
2.3M+ yearly office visits
Dignity Health Medical Network supports 3 IPAs
Multiple joint ventures and partnerships, including GoHealth Urgent Care and UCSF
Foundation, Employed and Affiliated Medical Group Models
As of October 2018, there are 2,919 physicians and allied health providers in employed practice models across Dignity Health
Dignity Health Medical Foundation operates throughout California as a “1206L” clinic model. In addition, it operates the Dignity Health Medical Network.
There is one additional clinic model in California, Pacific Central Coast Health Centers, which operates as a “1204a” community clinic. Dignity Health also operates the Dignity Health Medical Group Arizona and the Dignity Health Medical Group Nevada.
DHMF’s affiliated medical groups serve as the primary physician employment model for Dignity Health in California, with more than 950 providers delivering care in 125 clinic locations across the state.
Independent Physician Associations
Launched in 2017, Dignity Health Medical Network (DHMN), DHMF’s managed care health plan contracting entity for IPAs in California, provides the support and resources to help them better serve their managed care patients. DHMN is already expanding across the state and currently supports independent practices in Santa Cruz, Inland Empire and Bakersfield, representing more than 1,500 independent providers.
Growing to Meet the Needs of Our Communities
Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues on a growth trajectory, including new building construction, facility expansion and hiring more than 100 new providers. Plus, in 2018, Identity Medical Group joined Dignity Health to provide services in Ventura County as Dignity Health Medical Group. With the addition of Identity Medical Group, the footprint has grown in Ventura to more than 50 providers and 15 convenient locations.
Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Dignity Health and UCSF Health formed an affiliation to expand access to care, integrating community-based care with the best of academic medicine and creating a stronger physician network throughout the Bay Area.
- Dignity Health | GoHealth Urgent Care is a joint venture established to bring a new model of high-quality, patient-focused urgent care centers to the Bay Area. The clinics offer seamless referrals to specialists; they are open seven days a week with extended evening hours and welcome walk-in patients.
Payer Partnerships and Direct-to-Employer Plans
Our ACO partnership with Blue Shield, a collaboration that began in 2010 in Northern California, is now available throughout the state with a focus on collaboration among physician groups and hospitals to arrange coordinated care across the care continuum, thereby improving care quality and achieving cost savings. DHMF also collaborated with medical groups and IPAs to create a high-quality network of services for a large employer, putting their employees’ health and well-being at the forefront and meeting all quality measures within the first year.
- Mercy Medical Group was recognized by the American Heart Association and American Medical Association for the Inaugural Target: BP Recognition Program awards for their commitment to reducing the number of Americans who have heart attacks and strokes each year.
- Mercy Medical Group also received “Most Improved by a Large Group” for achievements in diabetes care by the AMGA.
- Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) recognized Woodland Clinic Medical Group (WCMG) and Dignity Health Medical Group – Inland Empire for providing high-quality care to Medicare Advantage patients.
- Mercy Medical Group and Woodland Clinic Medical Group earned Elite Status from the America’s Physician Groups (APG), the nation’s leading professional association for accountable physician groups. Mercy Medical Group and Woodland Clinic are two of just 87 organizations nationally to achieve Elite Status (the highest recognition) in 2018.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Care
The Foundation continues to embrace a multidisciplinary model with a team-focused approach.
Preventive Clinical Measures: Mercy Medical Group surpassed the 90th percentile for Chlamydia Screening, Asthma Medication Ratio, Persistent Medications and HbA1c Control. Woodland Clinic Medical Group surpassed the 90th percentile for Childhood and Adolescent Immunizations, Asthma Medication Ratio, Proportion Days Covered by Meds and HbA1c Control.
Patient-Centered Medical Homes: Mercy Medical Group and Woodland Clinic Medical Group both recently achieved National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition for all of their primary care sites, the highest level of achievement recognized by the NCQA.
Graduate Medical Education
In 2017, Dignity Health acquired the Northridge Hospital Medical Group including the faculty of the Dignity Health Family Medicine Residency at Northridge. The program trains 24 resident physicians at Northridge Hospital for three years under board-certified family physicians. They also have a Sports Medicine Fellowship program. So far, it has graduated more than 200 family physicians — many of whom stay to serve the local community.
Creating Better Patient Experiences
DHMF tracks patients’ experiences through Press Ganey surveys that offer patient feedback about providers, clinic team members and other departments.